The 5 Best Videos Of The Week
Last week, in this space, I lamented that fact that, Gwar, who built a low-budget DIY empire partly because of their music video aesthetic, had left barely a trace of influence on the many, many music videos coming out today. I may have been spoken out of school there. Because this week’s video, which comes from a Muslim street-rapper and an ADD party-starting producer, is absolutely steeped in that gory legacy. That video is below, as are four other good ones.
5. Nothing – “Bent Nail” (Dir. Don Argott)
This is, admittedly, probably not the crowd you want to be playing for if you’re in a band. But at least you have to admire their honesty. Better that than back-of-the-room conversational rumble, right?
4. Puff Daddy – “Big Homie” (Feat. Rick Ross & French Montana) (Dir. Itchy House Films)
Sean Combs, you magnificent asshole, show me how rich you are again.
3. PUP – “Lionheart” (Dir. Jeremy Schaulin-Rioux)
Oh, to be young.
2. Avicii – “Addicted To You (Avicii By Avicii)” (Dir. Keshen8)
So Lego people bleed blue. I feel like that explains a lot. And if Lego Batman can be one of the year’s biggest movie stars, then I think we’re all ready for Lego Dolph Lundgren.
1. Girl Talk & Freeway – “Tolerated” (Feat. Waka Flocka Flame) (NSFW-ish) (Dir. Allen Cordell)
Was there the slightest hint of a doubt that this would be #1 this week? Even a smidgen? This could’ve come out the same week as “November Rain” and I’d probably still pick it.