When Gabe left back in August, the first question that most people would ask me about the future of Videogum was, “What’s going to happen to the end of the year viral video supercut?!” Which always seemed a little rude. Gabe died, and all you care about is who’s going to carefully string together the year in viral videos set to delightful music for your enjoyment? Show some respect! In any case, I would always say, “I guess I’m going to do it?” which didn’t do much to ease anyone’s nerves, but hey, here we are! The sixth annual Videogum Viral Video retrospective! Sixth! Think of how young we were back when it was the first! Needless to say, the past twelve months have brought us a lot of change here at Videogum (remember when we were three people?), but one thing we can always count on is ending the year with a wealth of great viral videos. Which is, at the very least, something. So let’s please start enjoying this montage — one that I am very excited to be able to add to the Videogum Viral Video Retrospective canon — (honestly, if the roles were reversed in the “future of Videogum” conversation, I probably would have also quickly asked about the viral video retrospective) — and remember the past twelve months in videos together!
And here is a full list of the videos used:
1. What Is Even The Point Of Professional Comedy?
2. Froggy Fresh – “Dunked On”
3. Just Say No!
4. Wow, We Are All 100% This Baby Walking On Ice
5. Feeling A Little Off?
6. Sledding FAILs Are Winter’s Trampoline Accidents
7. But Please Be Careful With Your Hairdo
8. Incredible Basketball Trick Shot Wait For It!
9. A Bunch Of Tuba Players Falling On Top Of Each Other
10. No One’s Going To Blame You For Falling Off Of Your Ladder
11. Don’t Eat Cat Vomit At Work Today
12. News Reporter Draws Penis
13. Ryan Lochte Local News Interview Is A Good Interview
14. Chris Webber Should Live Commentate On Everything
15. The Perfect Crime: Runner Poops In Yard Repeatedly
16. First Grader Banned From Performing Body Farts In Talent Show
17. This is Just a Very Good Cover of “Tonight You Belong To Me”
18. As Far As Memes Go, The Harlem Shake Is A Pretty Good One
19. This Weekend, We Are All This Alien Or Sloth
20. Quentin Tortellini
21. A Shia Surprise For Mr. Motorcycle
24. It Is Time For Chris Hansen To Arrest The Whole Internet
25. The Videogum Why Don’t You Caption It Contest: Astronaut Clipping His Fingernails
26. Tiny Darth Vader Skipping Through A Garden
27. Unicycling Darth Vader Plays Flaming Bagpipes
28. If You Die And Go To Hell You Are Definitely Locked In A Room With This For Eternity
29. Thank Goodness That Today Is Friday!
30. CORRECT ANSWER!
32. As Far As Memes Go, The “Harlem Shake” Is A Pretty Good One
33. Today We Are All The Little Boy In This “Hot Hot Hot – Dancing Heads” Video
34. Katherine Chloe Cahoon Makes Her Mark On The “Harlem Shake” Meme Perfectly And Right On Time
35. Oh No. Who Let The Backstreet Boys Out?
36. Thursday Afternoon Dance Break!
37. Kid President’s 20 Things We Should Say More Often
38. “I Have The Wine” By Johnny Cash
39. What Is Hentai? (Besides NSFW.)
40. LIZARD POOPS ON GIRL
41. Incredible Footage of Jack Nicholson As A Baby!
42. I Won’t Say That This NEVER Gets Old
43. Japanese Kindergarteners Perform “Day Man” From It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia
44. The Best Phone Conversation In Movie Herstory
45. Daniel’s Bar Mitzvah Save The Date Rap Video (Oh Boy)
46. A Warning To The Others
47. Some Extraordinary News
48. Gary Busey Discusses Hobbits
49. How To Make A Grubby, Dirty-Looking Candle
50. Game of Patróns
51. Rockies’ Rene Lachemann Shouts Life Lessons At Phillies Fan
52. A Few Questions About This Bradley Cooper Haagen Dazs Commercial
53. This David Hasselhoff Advertisement For Iced Coffee Is Nuts
54. Well? Does This John Travolta Ad For Cachaca Make You Want Some Cachaca?!
55. Check Out Nelly’s Dope Cheerios Commercial #swag #swag #swag
56. I’m Marty Stouffer, Who Are You?
57. This Is Just A Good Pizza Review
58. Sen. Ted Cruz Reading Green Eggs And Ham, Or A Baby Eating Ice Cream For The First Time?
59. This Is Just A Good Anti-Gay Marriage Video
60. This Is Just Some Very Good Homophobic Slam Poetry
61. Worry About Yourself!
62. How Are There Not A Million Videos Like This Daft Punk + Soul Train Mash Up?
63. It’s Finally Time To Watch The Man Dancing With The Raccoon
64. Friday Dance Off!
65. Pinky The Flamingo Performs Her “Flamingo Flamenco”
66. Lady Dance-Quits Her Job In The Name Of Good Content
67. Late For Meeting
68. Friday Morning Dance Party
69. Treadmill Dance
70. Mattress Mick Knows How To Put Together An Ad!
71. Okay, Let’s Watch This Pantsuit Video
72. Summer Jam 2013: TomCattt’s “Yes Love”
73. This Is Just A Video Of A Man Dancing At A Willie Nelson Concert
74. Tilda Swinton’s Dance-Along Is Required Viewing For Everyone
75. Sesame Street “Get Lucky” Parody
76. Is “ABCDEFG” Patrice Wilson’s Cry For Help?
77. Barack Obama Sings “Get Lucky”
78. Professional Wrestler Zack Ryder’s Hit Single “Hoeski”
79. Russian Amy Choir Sings “Get Lucky”
80. Prancercise: A Fitness Workout
81. Little Girl Hears Bad Brains, Is Immediately The Punkest
82. Babies Should Be The Only Ones Allowed To Dance
83. A Man Dancing To Ease The Fear
84. “My First Climb-In Balloon”
85. This Little Boy Is Today’s #1 Internet Hero