The Brave Little Toaster, one of the better movies about a sentient gang of unwanted appliances to come out of the ’80s, is getting a 2012 re-re-re-REMAKE! And the idea for the remake honestly already sounds like it already came out of a BNPG. LOOK! From TheWrap:
Waterman Entertainment has acquired the right to “The Brave Little Toaster” and is planning to turn the property into a CGI/live-action hybrid feature, a representative of the company told TheWrap.
Following the adventures of a toaster, a vacuum cleaner, a lamp and a blanket, “The Brave Little Toaster” was made into a film in 1987, produced by Hyperion Pictures and Kushner-Locke and distributed by Disney.
This story about a group of household appliances will be updated to include technology that didn’t exist back in 1987, including the iPhone. The company is in pre-production on the film.
Reboot + CGI/live-action hybrid feature + iPhone = $$$$$$$. Hopefully they will make the scary song even more terrifying and the lamp with be voiced by Giancarlo Esposito and will have his Gus Fring half-face, but since we won’t know for sure until they make it, let’s just play a Best New Party Game! Updating Movies With Technology game! I’ll go first:
- The Shining except the overlook has wifi and Danny has a Nintendo DS and sees ghosts in it.
- The Wizard of Oz except Toto is one of these.
- Scream except Drew Barrymore doesn’t have a house phone so the killer Skypes her.
- Weird Science, but they make the woman with an iPad app.
- Titanic, except the boat was built better.
Your turn! Our ideas of today are the reboots of tomorrow!