Dark Knight Rises Presale Ticket Party Ideas!
So you’ve already gotten your Dark Knight Rises midnight screening presale tickets, correct? For select cities? That you’re planning on travelling to? If they aren’t the city that you live in already? Because, UGH, I know you don’t understand but this is like a big thing and it’s important to me so why can’t you just let me do what makes me happy, I would never stop you from doing what makes YOU happy? Yes. Fandango has been selling them for some amount of time — though no one knows for sure when they began and for some reason it is a big secret — so it’s probably safe to say that you already have tickets and now all you need are some party ideas. Yes? HELLO? From Variety:
Tickets for the first Imax midnight screenings of “The Dark Knight Rises” on July 19 have already gone on sale in a few major markets including Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
It’s unusual for advance to go on sale more than six months prior to a film’s opening. For example, Lionsgate announced Monday that advance tickest for “The Hunger Games” were going on sale on Feb. 23 — a month before the franchise pic opens.
Except HOLD ON! The New York screening is already sold out. And it has been for weeks! LOL. Just think of all those nerds out there who for some reason HADN’T been refreshing their Dark Knight Fandango page every day just in case there happened to be a presale. YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOZE, NERDS! WHO’S THE NERDS NOW? HUH? So the first step in throwing your Dark Knight Rises presale ticket party is inviting everyone who doesn’t have a ticket yet. Half a year in advance. For a movie.
- Invite them.
- Don’t tell them why you’re having a party.
- But DO decorate your home or apartment with Batman tickets all over it. All different sizes. They don’t really need to look accurate as long as the fact that they are tickets for a batman movie reads.
- Draw a batman mask on your face with makeup but wear normal clothes.
- Leave the door open to your apartment with a sign on the door that says “make yourself at home” with a joker face on it.
- When they walk in, pop up from behind a coach and say “HAHA!”
- They’ll be confused so you say, “WHY SO SERIOUS?”
- They’ll probably think that was pretty good so then you tell them, “Guess what?”
- They’ll say, “What?”
- You say, “GUESS.”
- They’ll say, “What are you doing?” As if they don’t know.
- You say, “Take a look around.” Remember you apartment should be literally covered in fake Batman tickets, but on the coffee table you should put some snacks like Chex Mix and a few bottles of wine and a big bowl of popcorn with black food dye on it.
- They’ll say, “Are you ok? Please just tell us what you’re doing.”
- You’ll say, “I’M BETTER THAN YOU ARE.” And then you explain that you’ve already gotten tickets to a midnight screening of Dark Knight Rises in one of three select cities.
- They’ll be jealous and may want to leave the party, so that’s when you offer them the snacks and wine.
- Go to your room.
Oh my gooooodnesssss! That is going to be such a fun party! I wish we could all just have that party and then go to sleep for six months and then go to sleep forever! GOODKNIGHT!