Jeremy Irons is a very well known actor. I definitely know that name and can even put a face to it — EVEN A FACE! But up until about one minute ago I couldn’t actually name any movies that I could remember seeing that face in. Now I know, though. He was the voice of Scar in The Lion King! Duuuhhhh. That was honestly the only movie that I’ve ever seen in his IMDB. In any case, Jeremy Irons, famous for his role as Scar in The Lion King, has said some seemingly unprompted things about sexual harassment laws recently:
The Oscar-winner told Britain’s Radio Times that a mountain of legislation had been created by politicians with an excess of time on their hands. Irons said: “It’s gone too far. There are too many people in power with too little to do, so they churn out laws to justify their jobs. I hope it’s a rash that will wear itself out.” Irons added: “Most people are robust. If a man puts his hand on a woman’s bottom, any woman worth her salt can deal with it. It’s communication. Can’t we be friendly?
Can’t we be barfy? Can’t we please just be barfy, just for a moment. As a woman, I don’t care about what Jeremy Irons thinks about how women should deal with sexual harassment at all. Who cares. “Uh oh, Scar is a bit misguided.” – Not me. But, as a woman, I would like to come up with a few other quotes that Jeremy Irons may or may not have thought or said in private who knows, anything can happen!
- Now I’oll tell yah, birds is good for one thang ‘n one thang ahwnly — gettin’ me me baffies when I need’s ‘em and quittin’ it with all the ARGY-BARGY!
- “Now whot is you always bangin’ on about,” is what oie says to moy gal when she’s arsin’ about, goin’ on like billy-o about fuck all.
- When I see me bird gettin’ a dab on I ollways says to ‘er, “Now how you think I’m gonna get the horn with you lookin all goppin’.”
- When I cam home oll bladdered and cabbaged there’s awnly one thing I can ask’a moy bird — BELT UP!
- Sometoims all I wanna do is come ‘ome an put on me telly after a ‘ahd days work — it cost a bomb ya know — and there’s me bird, sittin on her arse watchin me telly. And I’om thinkin’ lets not let this get pear shaped but I need ya to BUDGE OFF’A ME TELLY.
- I’om goin’ to slap you on the bottom so be quiot abaut’it because not awnly am I a man but I am the man who was once the voice of Scar! “BE PREPARED” IF YOU KNOW WOT I MEAN.