The ‘Gum Drop LIII: Hear New Nicole Atkins, Win A Motorola ROKR E8
On 9/9 Nicole Atkins is releasing a four-song EP fittingly titled Nicole Atkins Digs Other People’s Songs via Columbia, on which the Jersey girl covers Nada Surf’s “Inside Of Love,” the Doors’ “Crystal Ship,” Mama Cass Elliott’s “Dream A Little Dream,” and this week’s Drop, “Under The Milky Way” by the Church. We caught up with Atkins and asked her about her take on the Church as well as the EP as a whole. Take a listen to “Under The Milky Way” while you read about why Nicole chose to cover the track (“This was my favorite song in high school. This radio station in my town…”) and which other future covers she has up her sleeve.
Additionally, we offered you the chance to win a Motorola ROKR E8 mobile device.
One winner gets a Motorola ROKR E8, an MP3 player that makes phone calls as well as a mobile phone with music capabilities — right, it blends music and phone features harmoniously. Here are the details:
- ModeShift technology transforms the device from phone to music player with the touch of a button
- Innovative haptics technology provides tactile response when a virtual key is pressed
- FastScroll navigation wheel allows for scrolling through thousands of songs with the slide of a thumb
- Patented CrystalTalk? technology delivers outstanding call clarity even in noisy environments
- Windows? Media Player? 11 compatibility enables easy transfer of tunes from the PC to the device
This is what it looks like in from the front:
You can do additional research over at Motorola’s site as well as the
ROKR E8 page. Enter to win the Motorola ROKR E8. One winner gets one E8. There’s also still time to win a Gibson Epiphone G-400 electric guitar.
CONTEST ENDS 9/17/08 AT 12PM EST.
[Nicole Atkins photo by Lucia Holm]