The Sea & Cake’s eighth album Car Alarm is out 10/21 via Thrill Jockey. A couple weeks ago, we posted the sun-kissed summertime video for electro-infused “Weekend.” In this week’s Drop, we debuted Car Alarm‘s expansive, affecting title track and asked S&C founder/frontman Sam Prekop about the song’s shuffling lyricism as well as the pointlessness of actual car alarms: “Car alarms do not work. My neighborhood is infested with them and I hate them…” Read the rest of Sam’s thoughts while listening to his song.
Besides the great sounds, we offered a chance to win a Magellan Roadmate 1400 GPS unit and a copy of the Baja: Edge of Control video game.
One winner gets both a Magellan Roadmate 1400 GPS unit and a copy of the off-road racing video game, Baja: Edge Of Control. Baja, from THQ, the core founding members of the MX vs. ATV franchise, lets players climb mountains and rough terrain as part of an off-road Baja race. As Peter Matiss of THQ put it:
Baja: Edge of Control offers a realistic simulation of a Baja race, where managing the vehicle’s tires, clutch and brakes at speeds of over 100 mph is the key to victory … For those that prefer to get straight into the action, the game also offers an arcade mode that removes vehicle management and focuses on the intensity of off -road racing.
Baja: Edge of Control supports four-player split screen multiplayer capability, 10-player online and LAN as well as multiple-screen panoramic view. It includes music by the Hives, Foreign Born, The View, The Exies, etc. You can find out more about it at the official Baja site or check out trailer. A couple stills:
When not in front of your video game system, you might need help figuring out how to get around actual terrain — this is where the Magellan Roadmate 1400 GPS unit comes into the picture. This is the picture:
And this is why you’d want to use it:
- New 4.3-inch WQVGA or 3.5-inch QVGA full-color, anti-glare touch-screen display
- Acclaimed easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
- Fast and precise Centrality Atlas III GPS chipset delivering superior GPS performance and navigation
- 2-D and 3-D map views with auto day/night mode switching
- Trip computer and trip planner
- QuickSpell? intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses
- SmartDetour? prompts drivers to route around heavy or stationary traffic
- SD card slot for maps
- USB port for PC connection and in-vehicle pow
Learn more at the Magellan site.
CONTEST ENDS 10/15/08 AT 12PM EST.
[The Sea & Cake photo by Jim Newberry]