A couple of weeks ago we announced a giveaway of David Bowie’s Station To Station box, our first since February. Today we randomly selected our winner: “Tumble And Twirl” fan Lindsay Jones, you are one lucky soul. Since people were so into the last contest, we figured we’d try another. John Lennon would have been 70 this Saturday. To commemorate the milestone, EMI worked with Yoko Ono to put together the 11-Disc Signature Box. All the albums have been remastered by Allan Rouse and team at Abbey Road. Here’s a rundown of what’s on it:
- The digitally remastered studio albums (Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Sometime In NYC (2CD), Mind Games, Walls & Bridges, Rock n Roll, Double Fantasy, Milk & Honey) plus 2CD bonus set featuring 13 previously unreleased home recordings and more.
- Personal essays from Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, and Julian Lennon.
- A 60 page hardbound book with rare photographs, drawings, never before seen collages, & handwritten lyrics.
- The cover art for the new titles includes original drawings by Sean Lennon for Double Fantasy Stripped Down, while the cover of 1974’s Walls And Bridges is restored to its original artwork.
- A commemorative art print and new career essay by Anthony DeCurtis.
It came out yesterday and retails for $129.99. To be eligible to win, all you have to do is be a fan of Stereogum on Facebook, and submit a comment on this post with your favorite solo Lennon song after logging in via Facebook Connect (do not use your ‘Gum user account on this post — we’ll have to be able to check if you are a fan of Stereogum on FB when the sweepstakes ends). We’ll pick a winner from the comments posted here, at random. Deadline to enter is in two weeks: 10/20 at 5:30PM EST. Have your comment logged by then, and you’re in.
UPDATE: We have our winner! Congratulations “Instant Karma!” fan, Lane Fielder.