Here Are Some Afternoon Links!
- In this video, Mike McMaster explains how he made a functioning replica of Wall-E‘s Wall-E. (Spoiler: The answer is NOT “I wished it, put it on my vision board, and one day it appeared beside me.”) -FilmDrunk
- Dom Irrera, Janeane Garofalo, Todd Barry, Maria Bamford, Michael Ian Black, and Jim Norton all appear on today’s “Live from Austin” episode of Marc Maron’s WTF podcast. -WTF
- And hey if you like podcasts, maybe you want to see a podcast in person? Not that podcast, but the one! The Comedy Bang Bang one! (I am going to!) -IFC
- Lindsay Lohan is hosting Chelsea Lately tonight. Are you going to watch it?! (I actually might watch it.) -Dlisted
- Writer and director Christopher McQuarrie confirmed through Twitter today that he will be involved with the next Mission: Impossible movie. Kind of. He actually could have been talking about anything, but he was probably talking about this! -/Film
- We aren’t the only ‘Gum celebrating The O.C.‘s 10th anniversary today! Click over for Stereogum’s “Deconstructing: The O.C. And Indie Rock Gentrification.” -Stereogum
- This article over at Slate, by David Haglund, is titled “Why People Don’t Care About Avatar.” I haven’t read it, but I can tell you why: It looks real dumb! Blue people, or whatever? Come on. -Slate