It’s going to be impossible to claim that Beyoncé Knowles has “quietly” put together a vicious song catalog, stocked with everything from heart-wrenching ballads to shamelessly fun bangers, but she has done it without some of the fanfare associated with other pop stars. And, you know, the musical work is stellar; it makes a ton of sense that others have dove into reinterpreting her songs. Jumping off with yesterday’s cover by The Horrors, here’s the ten best indie rock covers of Beyoncé’s sterling, still-growing catalog.
- The Horrors – “Best Thing I Never Had”Download
- Port O’Brien – “Halo”Download
- Pattern Is Movement – “Crazy In Love”Download
- The Magic Numbers – “Crazy In Love”Download
- Major Lazer (Feat. Elephant Man) – “Halo”Download
- Harper Blynn – “Halo”Download
- ceo – “Halo”Download
- The Big Pink – “Sweet Dreams”Download
- Florence And The Machine – “Halo”Download
- Antony And The Johnsons – “Crazy In Love”Download
This isn’t at all a cover, because it’s a reference track for a song The-Dream wrote with Beyoncé, but it’s so good that it’s worth including via any applicable, albeit thin, rationale.
If you’ve got other leads, post them in the comments.