This week, Forbes released its annual list of music industry power earners, and not surprisingly, you listen to 10% of ‘em.
01. The Rolling Stones ($150.6 million)
02. Tim McGraw / Faith Hill ($132 million)
03. Rascal Flatts ($110.5 million)
04. Madonna ($96.8 million)
05. Barbra Streisand (95.8 million)
06. Kenny Chesney ($90.1 million)
07. Celine Dion ($85.2 million)
08. Bon Jovi ($77.5 million)
09. Nickelback ($74.1 million)
10. Dave Matthews Band ($60.4 million)
That’s a collective intake of $973 million (down from $994 million, but cry us a river). The list only includes U.S. tour grosses and album sales, which means it doesn’t include sponsorships, merch, ringtones, or music and ticket sales from the rest of the world. The industry’s still fucked though; tour revenues go straight to band, so this doesn’t help record companies. (Look for tour profit sharing, coming soon!) And this is the Stones second year on top, with $138.5 million coming from the road. Any wonder why Mick’s still doing the strutting chicken dance?