A Smudge of Fudge
Find Me On:
I really dig this song.
Yeah, I was going to comment about the same thing. It definitely is HTDW’s song in there. While the commercial is decent, it’s pretty bad in the sense that it is forgettable and I never remember what it is actually promoting. I’ve tried to find it, but no luck.
This is one of those groups where a lot of songs are interchangeable in a top 10. Props for some lesser appreciated songs on the list, although I would have liked to see some of my personal faves and bigger hits (just like some posters above noted, it does seem strange to leave out “Can I Kick It?”,”Check the Rhime”, and “Steve Biko”). I haven’t seen “We Can Get Down” mentioned yet, I’ve always liked that one.
1. Run the Jewels – RTJ 2
2. St. Vincent – s/t
3. Iceage – Plowing into the Field of Love
4. Sharon Van Etten – Are We There
5. The War on Drugs – Lost in the Dream
6. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Pinata
7. Real Estate – Atlas
8. Flying Lotus – You’re Dead!
9. A Sunny Day in Glasgow – Sea When Absent
10. Ariel Pink – Pom Pom…or Spoon – They Want My Soul
Is this going to be a monthly thing then? If so…awesome!
- I really liked that moment during Girls too, but mostly just because I really like “Age of Consent”. It did fit well
with that scene though.
- The Her soundtrack is amazing, as well as TWOWS’s.
- True Detective is phenomenal so far, especially the latest episode.
- But I still haven’t seen Inside Llewyn Davis, that’s been on my to-do list.
Not available anymore? :(
Whoops, didn’t mean that as a reply. Oh well.
Yeah, pretty pathetic stuff. AV club also had an article about this, and I think the guy made personal calls to academy buddies for votes. Ugh.
As great as “The Wire” is, it is nowhere near my top 10 singles of this year even. Still, good remix here; and good original song as well.
I believe that is SZA. She doesn’t really rap, more r&b-ish. http://www.stereogum.com/1516502/sza-teen-spirit-video/video/