Huge Red House Painters fan here, but saw Sun Kill Moon in the fall and nearly fell asleep. Which in turn, led to me totally sleeping on the album (on purpose). The only more boring show I saw this year was Blitzen Trapper.
The Explosions In the Sky thing is a joke, right? And, no, I’m not trying to be snarky. Just saying that if you think that Fang Island sounds like them you need to pull your old Explosions In the Sky records out and give them some more listens. The sound isn’t even in the same neighborhood.
WARNING: What you are about to read is, apparently, a very uncool list:
1. Leatherface – The Stormy Petrel
2. The Joy Formidable – A Balloon Called Mourning
3. Teenage Fanclub – Shadows
4. Weekend – Sports
5. Superchunk – Majesty Shredding
6. Allo, Darlin’ – s/t
7. Best Coast – Crazy For You
8. The Soft Moon – s/t
9. Love Is All – Two Thousand and Ten Injuries
10. Wild Nothing – Gemini