Forecastle is THE BEST… of all the festivals I’ve been to, probably my favorite… tons of people but parking and lines never an issue… Americana/folky lineup with a few electronic/hip hop tastemakers thrown in… easygoing people, downtown Louisville/waterfront park is the perfect backdrop… hope to go again this year!!!
I was so relieved when the rest of the album was so much better than “Break the Rules” or “London Queen”. They are songs that work much better in the context of the album than standing alone.
I know, it’s the immediate standout track. Let’s hope they’re smart enough to promote it.
My favorite pop songs of the year:
1. Rita Ora- I Will Never Let You Down- I don’t understand why no one else talks about this song. It’s the windows down song of the summer that never happened.
2. Tove Lo- Talking Body- Like a lot of people on this thread- every song on the album is incredible, I’m just feeling this one right now the most I suppose. Timebomb is a close second.
3. Beyonce- Rocket- Hard to pick a favorite, but this has been the most durable song on the album throughout the year
4. Sia- Chandelier- Nothing really needs to be said about the song. I love how casual listeners have no idea the song is about her struggle with alcoholism… just brilliant lyrics.
5. LIGHTS- Up We Go- She kind of sounds like Heartthrob era Tegan and Sara… but I’m still spinning this one frequently 6 months after I discovered it.
6. Bleachers- Wake Me- Could have picked pretty much any song outside of the Yoko Ono featured song. It’s the first album I recommend for a casual music listener looking for something new.
7. Porter Robinson- Sad Machine- Skrillex protege goes Passion Pit esque electro pop… The hook is irresistible.
8. Mariah Carey- You Don’t Know What to Do- Great breezy throwback roller skating jam.
9. Keisza- Hideaway- A little tired of it now, but my favorite of this early 90′s dance resurgence.
10. Kylie Minogue- Million Miles- was very disappointed by her new album, but this song was one of the few that I felt measured up to her other great pop tracks of this millennium.
I guess I’ll leave mine:
1. Future Islands- A Dream of You and Me
2. St Vincent- Digital Witness
3. War on Drugs- Red Eyes
4. The Juan Maclean- I’ve Waited for So Long
5. Rick Ross, Kanye West, Big Sean- Sanctified
6. Against Me!- Black Me Out
7. Young Thug- 2 Bitches
8. Caribou- Silver
9. Broken Bells- Holding on For Life
10. Porter Robinson- Sad Machine
Future Islands- Singles
He can still go lower. Meth addiction ends in death or recovery… there’s no middle ground. It’s painfully obvious that meth is what he’s dealing with here and that he’s still in complete denial. Poor guy. I hope he gets the help he needs.
Where’s the love from the diced pineapple union?