Since we’re already running a big Oasis sweepstakes for Britpop Week we just had to have one for the other titan and rival of the genre. Plus, it wouldn’t be a proper Britpop Week if we didn’t include tea somehow. The official Blur Britannia Tea Set we’re giving away retails for $107 and includes a collectors box, tea pot, two tea cups, and two saucers. Just like Damon Albarn has at home, probably. Instructions for entering this giveaway are below, underneath some step-by-step Wikipedia instructions on how serve tea in the British style.
1. The kettle is boiled and water poured into a tea pot.
2. Water is swirled around the pot to warm it and then poured out.
3. Teaspoons full of loose tea or tea-bags are then added to the pot. The traditional quantity is one per person and one for the pot.
4. Freshly boiling water is added to the pot and allowed to brew for a few minutes while a tea cosy is placed on the pot to keep the tea warm.
5. Milk may be added to the cup either before or after the tea is poured.
6. A tea strainer is placed over the top of the cup to catch tea leaves and the tea poured through it.
7. The tea is then given to guests and they can add sugar to their taste.
8. The pot will normally hold enough tea so as not to be empty after filling the cups of all the guests. If this is the case, the tea cosy is replaced after everyone has been served.
To enter this sweepstakes, you need be a fan of Stereogum on Facebook and comment below with your favorite Blur song OR your favorite type of tea via Facebook Connect login (do not use your ‘Gum user account on this post — we’ll have to be able to check if you are a fan of Stereogum on FB when the sweepstakes ends). Winner will be chosen randomly. Sweepstakes ends on 5/7 at 6PM EST. Good luck!