FACT: Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Larry David were all recently seen together at Tom’s Restaurant in New York City. FACT: During Jerry Seinfeld’s reddit AMA that took place at the beginning of the month, he said, “[He and Larry David] wrote this script for this thing that you will eventually see but I can’t reveal what it is at this time. All I can do is tell you is that it’s big, huge, gigantic. Even bigger than that Amazon package.” QUESTION: What is “that Amazon package”? FACT: Jk don’t tell me. FACT: Jerry Seinfeld said something else this morning on some radio show, and you can read about it in this quote from Variety:
Appearing on the “Boomer & Carton” radio show on WFAN on Thursday morning, Seinfeld answered a barrage of questions centered around a photo taken on Jan. 13 of Seinfeld with Jason Alexander, walking into the diner that served as a backdrop for many a “Seinfeld” episode.
Seinfeld said the project was not a commercial, or an episode of his hit web series “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” [Ed Note: Though he did say that the project was “not NOT those things, either.” Very important clue!] and while he would not give away much in the way of details, he did say that Alexander was playing his George Costanza character and that other “Seinfeld” characters were involved.
He described the project as “short-ish form,” a “one-and-done” thing involving Larry David in some way that will be made available “very, very soon.””
“Very, very soon”? Like, DURING THE SUPER BOWL, JERRY SEINFELD?! Hmmm. Obviously, none of us can be sure that we’ve put the clues together and solved the mystery until we see that the mystery has been solved, but that doesn’t mean we can’t guess! I will go first. Jerry Seinfeld’s secret project is:
- A Seinfeld mini-episode that will air during the Super Bowl in attempt to help smooth over the anger of the many people who still haven’t forgiven those in charge for booking Bruno Mars rather than Taylor Swift.
- A series of Vines promoting yogurt.
- An episode of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, but filmed as if it were a web series hosted by Seinfeld’s Jerry Seinfeld, presented by Ford, and featuring George Costanza, who forced his way onto the show because he couldn’t understand why anyone would watch a web series like that and refused to watch any episodes until he got the premise.
- A dog’s dream.
- An alternate reality that will be featured in an upcoming Simpsons episode.
- Something that someone on #Rich Kids of Beverly Hills wanted.
- Modern Seinfeld
Hmmmmmm. I don’t know! I could be any one of those! (Photo via Gothamist.)