I thought about it for a long time, and a Menorah with indistinguishable cartoon turkeys on top of each of the candles was the best image that I could come up with for this party game. “But it doesn’t even have anything to do with movies?” UH, HOW ABOUT YOU THINK OF ONE THEN, IF YOU’RE SUCH AN IMAGE GENIUS? Ahh, I’m sorry. This is a time for being peaceful and thankful and loving, and here I am yelling at you about an opinion that I invented. How about I make it up to you with an impossibly hard mid-day party game? Perfect! It’s called “Thanksgiving and Hanukkah movie mashups,” in which you take a movie, give it a Thanksgiving spin, and then give that a Hanukkah spin. Or whatever order you want. Hey! I’ll go first (with the help of our intern, Jenny), to show you how it’s done:
- 8 Crazy Fights About Politics
- Pie-day Night Festival of Lights
- Planes, Trains and Automenorahs
- Shamash Ado About Stuffing
- 8½ (The Extra Half Is For Thanksgiving)
- Mr. Maccabean’s Double Holiday
- How Latke Got Her Spoon Back?