Oh, first and foremost, great news everybody, THERE’S GOING TO BE A HANSEL AND GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS SEQUEL! From Deadline:
The news comes the same day the revisionist fairy tale starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton crossed $200 million at the global box office. That’s a significant milestone and key to the decision to go ahead with a sequel that is now officially in development; Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters made its bones overseas. While the pic opened at $19.6 million here January 25, and topped out at $54 million domestically on what Paramount said was a $50 million budget. But they loved it overseas, where the film has done over $150 million. That provides a strong hedge for these high concept action films.
Congratulations to Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters on passing that 200 mil milestone! Such a dope milestone. All of this is great news, especially for the HGWH-Heads out there. Where my HGWH-Heads at make some noiiiiiiiise! NO, NOT YOU, CRICKETS, THE REAL FANS! Anyway, what should the tagline for the sequel be? I know that we don’t know anything about the sequel’s plot, and that we did not even see the first one, but I still have such faith in our abilities to do this. Here are some suggestions:
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: These Little Piggies Want To Blow Your Head Off
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: Toto, I Don’t Think We’re In Transylvania Or Whatever Anymore
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: Argo Fuck Yourself
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: Nobody Puts Gretel In The Corner
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: People Who Live In Gingerbread Houses Shouldn’t Throw Grenades
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: They Shoot Princesses, Don’t They?
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2: Sleeping Beauties (But Instead Of Sleeping–Krav Maga)
These are very good. Just like the movie!