Monsters’ Ball: The Week’s Best Comments

A fellow reader, Berkley, sent in this photo recently along with the following note: “My nine year old sister wrote this down and forgot about it. I found it this morning and I think it pretty well sums us monsters up.” Ve-ry cu-ute! Guys don’t ever forget where you came from. As far as we’re concerned, you’re still just monsters from the block. Hot monsters sweating to death. Good grief with this heat. CHILL OUT, SUMMER, AM I RIGHT?

After the jump, the five Highest Rated comments, as voted on by you, the Lowest Rated comment, the winner of the Shaq On The Set Of Grown Ups 2 Caption Contest, and the Editor’s and Associate Editor’s Choice.

This Week’s Highest Rated Comments

#4 whoa! | Jul 2nd Score:37

hey, what’s up with Topher Grace?

Posted in: The Amazing Spider-Man Is As Fun As It Is Unnecessary
#3 lawblog | Jul 2nd Score:39

I think she finally saw this:

And once it is seen, it cannot be unseen.

Posted in: Duh Aficionado Magazine: Katie Holmes Something Something Scientology
#2 lilbobbytables | Jul 2nd Score:45

Guys, I have a confession. About a month and a half ago I had a dream that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise split up. And now they did. I am not saying that I am either prophetic or have the power to control the world through sleep, but I definitely think we should all maybe be careful because there is like a 75% chance that Dinosaurs are coming back, and boy are they pissed. On the other hand, there is a 25% chance that all my teeth will fall out which will suck for me but not really affect anyone else.

Posted in: Duh Aficionado Magazine: Katie Holmes Something Something Scientology
#1 facetaco | Jul 2nd Score:90

“Yo Holmes, smell ya later!”

-Tom Cruise

Posted in: Duh Aficionado Magazine: Katie Holmes Something Something Scientology

[Assoc. Ed. Note: I’m honestly a little surprised that facetaco’s comment is the number one comment this week, NO OFFENSE TO FACETACO. I’m just a little surprised. Congratulations, facetaco! You really did it somehow. Also congrats to that picture of Tom Cruise that I will never be able to forget.]

This Week’s Lowest Rated Comment

#1 canadiantuxedo | Jul 2nd Score:-10
As an atheist, I don’t see Scientology as more ridiculous than any other religion. I have noticed that many of their followers are wildly successful, so much so that I’d probably join if I worked in the entertainment industry.
Posted in: Duh Aficionado Magazine: Katie Holmes Something Something Scientology

[Ed. Note: I think you meant to say “as an atheist and a liar.” I understand your sentiment here, but the idea that somehow religions are completely indiscernible from each other once you’ve had the wool lifted from your eyes and become truly enlightened is complete nonsense. I’m sure there are ASPECTS of Scientology that seem completely in line with all other religions, but you are certainly able to tell it apart from say, a real religion since it’s not actually a religion. Incidentally, as an AGNOSTIC, I find atheists just as ridiculous as any other religion because they hold a firm conviction in something they are equally unable to truly know.]

This Week’s Caption Contest Winner

badideajeans | Jul 5th Score:17

This is what happens when you let Aaron Carter beat you at basketball.

Posted in: The Videogum Why Don’t YOU Caption It? Contest: Shaq On The Set Of Grown Ups 2

[Ed. Note: Congratulations, badideajeans! You earned it.]

This Week’s Associate Editor’s Choice

Slick shoes! | Jul 3rd Score:21

Just so we’re clear here, you’re saying that we should all go see Safety Not Guaranteed? If only they had advertisements for it…

Posted in: You Should Probably Go See Safety Not Guaranteed ASAP

[Assoc. Ed. Note: Hahaha. OOPS! But for real you should go see this movie and also you should definitely quit smoking.]

This Week’s Editor’s Choice

djfreshié | 9:52am Score:21

I know of a few blookheads who would love wwtching this video.

Posted in: Albert’s Hit Single “Booty Pop” Rings The Alarm

[Ed. Note: I will never not love anything with the word “blookheads” in it. It doesn’t even have to be a comment. It could be the subtitles of a movie. Or a government document. ]