Ain’t this cool news! Videogum readers werttrew, Shellbomber and Chris Trash have devised a Videogum Song Contest. Neat! There are rules and actual prizes, just like a real contest! You guys should definitely enter this contest. Not just because I think you would be great at it, and you stand a decent chance of winning, but because if you don’t enter this contest, no one will, and that will be embarrassing. Anyway, some rules:
- Write a song about Videogum. It can be about a specific post, or a specific commenter, or Sad Keanu, or in-jokes, or anything you can relate to Videogum. It could be a theme song, an ode to Topher Grace, or a Double Rainbow tribute. It is your song, so it is up to you, as long as it is Videogum-related.
- The song should be no longer than five minutes, please.
- Contestants may collaborate. Contestants may have others perform the songs for them, but it’ll be counted more favorably if the contestants themselves perform.
- Contestants may use just their voice if they choose, but instruments are welcome and encouraged.
- Contestants may enter multiple songs.
- Initial entries will be judged by monsters Chris Trash, werttrew, and Shellbomber. They’ll winnow it down to five final entries. These five final entries will be posted on Videogum and voted on by the monster community.
- Contestants will have until midnight EST on October 1 to submit their songs.
Click through for instructions on how to enter the contest, and also a list of the exciting prizes. YOU LOVE PRIZES!
To enter, please send an email to [email protected] including the following:
-A link to your song or an mp3
-The title of your song
-Your commenter name on Videogum (real names will not be revealed). Contestants MUST be registered Videogum commenters.
-Including lyrics is optional, but appreciated.
The grand prize winner will get a $100 iTunes gift certificate. WOW! The second place winner will receive his or her very own TV Hat! WOWOW! And the third place winner will receive an autographed photo of Topher Grace*. INCREDIBLE CONTEST!
Good luck, you guys.
LEGAL NOTICE: we reserve the right to do whatever we want and change everything without notice and whatever. We gonna run this blog tonight.