Netflix is about discovery and learning. Here are my picks of the hundred or so DVDs releasing today (this is not a Netflix ad – many, many DVDs are only on Netflix. Also I love Netflix and they have great customer service. There are no late fees, and you choose how long to keep a movie. You just pay a reasonable monthly fee, and when you send a movie back, they’ll automatically send you the next movie on your list, usually in about one day. Netflix Netflix Netflix. Netflix.
- Fortysomething: House’s British sitcom about not wanting to say exactly how old you are.
- Drumbassadors: They’re like the Harlem Globetrotters of bragging about drumming.
- Sunrise Earth: American Sunrises: Do you want to see a 3-disc series about sunrises that occurred in America? I do. I really, really do.
- A Lawyer Walks Into a Bar: A documentary about lawyers.
- Cruel World: A horror movie about a reality show.
- There Will Be Blood: Is now out on DVD.
- Reservation Road: Is supposed to be sad.
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story: Penis.
- The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep: Smoke first.
Tom Cruise DVDs: