Hear ABC Cover Radiohead, Wang Chung Cover Blur On ‘80s Artists’ Unlikely New Covers Comp
’80s revivalism has been the trend in pop music for a few years now, and it’s about time that someone capitalized on that by getting all of those old producers and artists who haven’t touched a relevant song in three decades to come back and work their magic on some classics from other decades. In comes 80’s Re:Covered, a new compilation album that was released a few weeks ago that sees some names you haven’t thought of since the ’80s (ABC, Wang Chung, Belinda Carlisle, China Crisis) putting some of their decade’s glitz on others (Radiohead, Blur, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Carole King). Most of them aren’t very successful, but if you’re feeling nostalgic, it’s worth a listen. Check some of them out below.
Here’s the full tracklist:
• Kim Carnes, passionately delivers the classic Rolling Stones number ”Under My thumb”.
• Heaven 17 takes a unique spin on Elton John “Rocket Man”
• ABC delivers the most touching rendition on Radiohead “High and Dry”
• Wang Chung drives on to an angular version of Blur “Girls And Boys”.
• Kim Wilde brilliant version of “Love Will Keep Us Together “ from Captain & Tennille will definitely bring the 80’s rushing back to you.
• Belinda Carlisle, emotionally delivers in her unique style, a splendid cover of Credence “Have you ever seen the rain”.
• Johnny Hates Jazz takes Mr. Tambourine Man from Bob Dylan on a dreamlike outing.
• Samantha Fox shows an amazing vocal interpretation of Donna Summer “Hot Stuff”.
• Black delivers a poignant and wonderful rendition on Chris Isaak “Wicked Game”.
• China Crisis vocal melodies shine on the evergreen Carole King “It’s Too Late”.
• Curiosity Killed The Cat adds their unique emotional warmth to the Doobie Brothers classic “Long Train Runnin’”
• Go West delivers a great upbeat danceable version of Killers classic “Human”
And a full album stream: