Serge Bielanko, Marah
1. What is your favorite word?
UTAH (MY WIFE’S HOME STATE)
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
COFFEE, WINE, MOTOWN
4. What turns you off?
05. What is your favorite curse word?
FLIP/FRICK (MORMON CURSE WORDS … FUNNY)
6. What sound or noise do you love?
THE SOUND OF AIR CONDITIONING
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
SNORING AND THE TV ON WHILE I SLEEP
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
PROFESSIONAL BASS FISHERMAN
09. What profession would you not like to do?
ANYTHING IN THE MUSIC BIZ BESIDES BAND MEMBER
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“THERE HE IS … MY MAIN MAN, POTS AND PANS! C’MON BIG GUY … IT’S MILLER TIME!”
Marah are on tour now. They were kick-ass at Bonnaroo, and the only reason to show up a day early.
Now, in other Yep Roc news…
Stereogum fave Hitchcock is backed by the Venus 3 (that’s Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, and Bill Riefin of Minus 5) on Ole Tarantula, out 10/3. Morris Windsor (the Egyptians), Kimberly Rew (Soft Boys), Ian McLagen (The Faces), Chris Ballew (Presidents of the USA) and Sean Nelson (Harvey Danger) appear too. Hitchcock says, “This is the rockingest record I’ve made in years.”
The X-Man originally released For The Rest Of Us as an EP in 1998 on KRS. This new expanded version includes five previously unreleased tunes from those sessions. Smokey Hormel and Joey Waronker lend a hand. Here’s a sample:
John Doe – “For The Best Of Us” (MP3)
We already blogged about this.
Billy won his fight against MySpace. The NY Times reports on how the singer forced the obscure social networking site to change its terms of service … without ever communicating directly with execs from the company. ?That?s the amazing thing about MySpace,? he says. ?If you say something, word gets out.?