You should be all over So This Is Goodbye by now but, if not, hit MySpace and stream the trickly synth, blip bass, and aspirated come-ons of “In The Morning.” Better yet, here’s a free MP3:
It’s our favorite cut on Junior Boys’ infectious sophomore showing — and it’s dead sexy. Seriously, this is the blend of melodic, electro-yearn and art-in-the-machine that the post-Postal Service set should lap up like lattes.
We wondered: who are these mysterious Boys? What is their process? What makes them tick? Boys’ vocalist Jeremy Greenspan took a stab at the famed Bernard Pivot questionairre for our ongoing Inside The Rockers Studio feature. And now we can rest at night.
JEREMY GREENSPAN, JUNIOR BOYS
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
THE CONSTANT HUM IN MY HEAD
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
THE CONSTANT BEEP IN MY HEAD
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
MEMBER OF A POP BAND
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“THE JEWS WERE RIGHT.”