Like our sister Videogum recently did, Stereogum is hiring a NYC area-based junior contributor! This is an entry-level-ish, full-time paid position in which the chosen candidate will do a lot of crucial behind-the-scenes work. Writing will be involved, but the job title is Production Assistant because he/she will be assisting the editorial team with the nuts and bolts of updating the website every day.
The ideal applicant, in addition to being incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about indie music, will have experience with WordPress, html, and Photoshop. Working knowledge of analytics systems like Google Analytics and Omniture is a plus.
Some of the position’s responsibilities:
* Upload/edit media in our database and third-party content management systems
* Work with wire services and the site’s network of local photographers to create photo galleries
* Transcribe interviews
* Update the site’s social media network on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
* Produce a weekly newsletter
* Organize assets for and fulfill sweepstakes
* Format and write blog posts
* Collect news links
* Correspond with publicists
This is primarily a work-from-home position, but the staff gets together often for lunches, office meetings (at BUZZMedia’s NY HQ), and rock concerts.
Interested? Write [email protected] and (1) tell us about yourself in a paragraph or two (2) attach a resume (3) include links to some of your online writing. We’ll accept submissions up to 6/24/11.