Play Vivian Girls’ Choose Your Own Adventure Game
Vivian Girls’ Katy Goodman is learning to code in Ruby and, for the sake of the exercise or probably just for fun, she made a text-based Choose Your Own Adventure game. Instructions:
Directions for Mac OSX:
1. Download the file! Right click and save THIS FILE. Save it in your Downloads folder. Hit “enter”.
2. Open your Terminal application. (if you don’t know where this is, just do a search for “terminal”)
3. Go into your Downloads folder by typing “cd downloads”. Hit “enter”.
4. Type in “ruby viviangirls1.rb” (feel free to copy and paste that)
5. Enjoy! It should take you about 2 minutes to play.
Directions for PC:
I don’t know.
For more details, head to her website. On my first run-through, it would appear that Tom Breihan is a bad fit for this position.