This was the week that Aesop Rock and Yo La Tengo performed together on Colbert, and I am still enjoying the fact that this happened more than I’m enjoying any of this week’s actual music videos. But there were still some good videos this week, and we’ve got five of them below.
5. Peter Bjorn And John – “Breakin’ Point” (Dir. HochR)
The final reveal here is a good one, and it makes me wish I had my own mop creature — even if I couldn’t trust that creature not to drag me across a desert, and even if I wouldn’t know what to feed it.
4. D?WN – “Wake Up” (Dir. D?WN & Sasha Samsonova)
Styling is usually not something I pay attention to, but the styling in this video is some real next-level shit.
3. Kvelertak – “Nattesferd” (Dir. Jakob Marky)
Tripped-out nonsensical sci-fi can be a hard sell when it’s a full-length feature film, but it’s pretty much perfect for a five minute music video.
2. AC Slater – “Bass Inside” (Dir. Liam Underwood)
Street dancers who look like they are possessed by demons are some of the best people.
1. Kero Kero Bonito – “Break” (Dir. Kero Kero Bonito)
A video about doing nothing that, paradoxically enough, looks like it was very difficult to make.