Find Me On:
Sorry but I’m going to need at least five more words in that album title before I believe its a new Modest Mouse record.
bravo. wonderful idea. not even joking, this is fantastic.
thanks, and if Bama and the Ducks meet I’d be rooting hard for Oregon. I’m a big fan of chaos in CFB, so naturally that makes me anti-consistency and thus anti-Saban. Baylor was my pet team this year, but I get why they might be left out. I agree FSU is pretty mediocre, but unfortunately the ACC is just awful (I’m a VT fan, and yes I watched every second of that VT-Wake travesty) and they’ll probably go undefeated. Plus they have this weird penchant for pulling wins out of their asses which would be charming if they weren’t so damn unlikable. I guess I’d say either Oregon or Bama have the best chances, but I’ll be rooting for the Horned Frogs.
2014, weird year. Got my BA two years and promptly discovered I couldn’t find a damn job, so here I am waiting on applications and slinging Thai food. The one upside being plenty of time in the car, which means plenty of time to listen to music.
As far as the list goes, one and two were assured, everything else kinda fell into some amorphous order
10. Mark McGuire – Along the Way (its a grower)
9. Woods of Desolation – As the Stars (I listen to it more than Deafheaven anyway)
8. Posse – Soft Opening (Real Estate minus bliss plus angst)
7. Mac Demarco – 2 (I just really like him. Nothing deep. His music just hits the right spots)
6. Real Estate – Atlas (I’ve seen them 4 times now, God I’m boring)
5. THIS SPOT RESERVED FOR INEVITABLE LAST SECOND BURIAL RELEASE
4. Alex G – DSU (the Chris Cohen – Overgrown Path memorial spot)
3. Aphex Twin – Syro (it just slots in with his classics so easily)
2. Flying Lotus – You’re Dead (Cosmogramma’s frenetic energy returns to the fore)
1. War on Drugs – Lost In The Dream (I adore it. Maybe you don’t. This is ok.)
Honorable mentions:Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Todd Terje, William Tyler, The Hotelier, and Iceage
Most disappointing: Green Language
Album everyone else liked that I didn’t: Benji (except “I Watched the Film the Song Remains the Same” which is still great)
Albums I haven’t listened to yet but will probably like: RTJ2, Manipulator, After the End, Way Out Weather
Older albums I finally got into: Kaputt. I finally get it, and now listen to it every day. “Bay of Pigs” has sound tracked so many deliveries. Also Splazsh, especially during summer.
Non music things I listened to: Welcome to Nightvale and the Shutdown Fullcast.
Favorite show: Adventure Time, now and forever.
Favorite movie: Interstellar made no gawd dang sense in the last 40 minutes and I loved it
CFB playoff bracket:
Boring I know, but OSU’s QB injury will hurt it, Baylor’s OOC ain’t so good, and I would dearly love to see Bama and the Noles lose next Sunday, but I doubt it.
Yeah I didn’t really need Scott Stapp telling me Florida isn’t safe. I already knew that.
Obstacle 1: Frostbite
Obstacle 2: Cannibalism
I heard stories about his early shows involving him shoving his thumb up his posterior then putting it in his mouth. Dude is weird, which I think is part of the charm. An intensely greasy dude making soft “Real Estate gone Glam” rock.
At some point Savannah is just going to have to pass a city ordinance banning rock musicians from driving motorcycles.
So uhhh Best Buy?
Had no idea Everlast was still making music