1. I didn’t know that you can’t say Mali on TV. Interesting…
2. Miley’s performance = Worst Acid Trip Ever
3. Daft Punk got screwed over! No respect!
Kurt Vile and the Chromatics were great, Weir with an amazing set of The National was awesome, and the food and comedy (Bamford!) were cool too, but if we’re talking absolute best, I’d put Karen O’s stage presence up there as well. She was unbelievable!
Also, free Chipoltle and Ben & Jerry’s everyday…
Daft Punk – Get Lucky (obviously)
Vampire Weekend – Diane Young (pretty good runner-up)
Queens of the Stoneage – My God is the Sun
Smith Westerns – Varsity
The National – Pink Rabbits
Kurt Vile – Walkin’ on a Pretty Day
Chance the Rapper – Smoke Again
Janelle Monae – Q.U.E.E.N. ft. Erykah Badu
Dirty Beaches – I Dream in Neon
Favorites as of right… now!
1. The National – Trouble WIll Find Me
2. James Blake – Overgrown
3. My Bloody Valentine – MBV
4. Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City
5. Chance the Rapper – Acidrap
6. Kurt Vile – Waking on a Pretty Daze
7. Colin Stetson – New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light
8. Queens of the Stone Age – … Like Clockwork
9. Dirty Beaches – Drifters / Love Is the Devil
10. Frightened Rabbit – Pedestrian Verse
11. Daft Punk – RAM
12. The Flaming Lips – The Terror
13. Phosphorescent – Muchacho
14. Baths – Obsidian
15. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Mosquito
It was good, but I don’t think anything can beat Ready, Able…
One of the most uncomfortable things I have ever seen! Well played Mr. Cox…
My vote is for the guy rapping from the car in “Friday.” That stuff was dope!
Best list today!
Ten Cent Pistol