Find Me On:
On the plus side, I like it more than Fancy.
On the negative side, I’d probably listen to a recording of violin troupe consisting totally of preschoolers before listening to Fancy.
I don’t get how I liked True Romance so much and been very “meh” about everything she’s released afterward.
Great list highlighting a great year for music. My personal list would have included London Grammar – If You Wait, but I’m not surprised at its absence.
1. Jon Hopkins – “Collider”
2. Autre Ne Veut – “Play By Play”
3. CHVRCHES – “Recover”
4. ASTR – “Operate”
5. Disclosure – “Help Me Lose My Mind”
6. James Blake – “Voyeur”
7. Daft Punk – “Lose Yourself To Dance.”
8. Sam Smith – “Safe With Me”
9. London Grammar – “Sights”
10. The National – “This Is The Last Time”
Dissenting be damned. I’m excited for this!
I thought it was mostly filler free, but regardless, it should be seeing some more love on the year-end charts.
And while everyone’s sharing lists, here’s mine (in rough order):
1. Twin Shadow- Confess
2. iamamiwhoami- Kin
3. Suzanne Sundfor- The Silicone Veil
4. Purity Ring- Shrines
5. Grizzly Bear- Shields
6. School of Seven Bells- Ghostory
7. Yeasayer- Fragrant World
8. Bat for Lashes- The Haunted Man
9. Shearwater- Animal Joy
10. Hot Chip- In Our Heads
I’ve given up hoping to see Twin Shadow on any lists.
Well, at the very least, the vast differences between my personal favourites and the favourites on the lists I’ve been reading are telling me there’s lots of music left for me to check out.
Twin Shadow- Confess