Here Are Some Afternoon Links!
- Fox is riving their reality show called Someone’s Gotta Go, wherein the employees of small, struggling companies get to “vote off” the coworker they want to be laid off. So. That sounds fun! -Deadline
- Does anyone still like phrase-based supercuts? I have to imagine that some of you do because so many of them keep coming into existence! For those of you who do: Here is one of people saying, “There are two kinds of people.” (Really, I should have introduced this by saying “There are two kinds of people, people who like phrase-based supercuts and people who don’t,” but it’s too late now!) -TastefullyOffensive
- Listening to people tell stories is one of my favorite things to do, because I like listening and because I hate talking and because I like stories. Are you the same? Maybe you will like this thing Vulture and UCB have gotten together to produce! -Vulture
- Uh-oh, 800 hours of content from A&E and the History channel were removed from Netflix on Friday! Because the companies couldn’t come to an agreement over terms of service! BUT! YOUR SHOWS! -SlashFilm
- Uh, so, nobody is seeing movies anymore. Box office is down 30% from last year. What are you guys spending your money on?! MEDICINE? But there are so many fun reboots to seeeeeee! -FilmDrunk
- Here are 10 Emmy nominees performing in roles that you may not know they ever performed in! Or, maybe you’ll know all of them! I have no idea what you do and do not know! -HyperVocal
- Haha, here are 12 belabored baseball metaphors found in reviews of Trouble With the Curve. Did you guys see that this weekend? How good was it? The best? Did you dress like a chair? Oh I bet that was just so funny. -TheWeek