Here Are Some Afternoon Links!
- It looks like Megan might be competing against Peggy for a Leading Actress Emmy this year! Maybe! If they both get nominations! Though I bet Megan doesn’t even want a Leading Actress Emmy, even though Peggy has had to work so hard to get her own Leading Actress Emmy. Right? Like from the show? -GoldDerby
- Oh, perfect. Just in time for mother’s day, here is a supercut of wisdom from TV moms. Send it to your mom in an email! But not FOR Mother’s Day. Just because. This shouldn’t be your Mother’s Day gift. -TheDailyWhat
- And just in time for wanting to watch another supercut, here’s a supercut of people in movies saying “son of a bitch”! Lucky you! -Uproxx
- Ugh, I have to admit that I hate “you can’t unsee” type things on the Internet (lots of very specific hates in my heart), but FilmDrunk called Bane’s Dark Knight Rises mask a “sideways goatse” (do NOT google it, mom) mask, and I’m not sure if anyone else has called it that yet, but yes. And ugh. -FilmDrunk
- Zooey Deschanel may be playing Loretta Lynn on Broadway, in a production of Coal Miner’s Daughter. I definitely am not a fan of Zooey’s singing, but I’m such a fan of New Girl now and obviously everyone loves Loretta Lynn, how could you not, that WHO KNOWS! Who knows how this’ll go. -Stereogum
- The first masseur from the John Travolta Trials is re-resting his case, as well. It turns out he got the date wrong, he says. Again, I’m not sure why I get AP push notifications if they’re not going to tell me the NEWS. -Dlisted
- Slate has a great interview up with Maria Bamford about mental illness and comedy and everyone should read it. It’s great. She’s great. Slate’s great. -Slate