Stephen Colbert’s very special Christmas Special, the one for which Fountains Of Wayne’s Adam Schlesinger is writing all the songs, just got a little more Special. The CC Insider (via Videogum) reports that Adam’s tunes will be performed by singers of bloggable (see: Elvis Costello, Feist), excitable (see: John Legend), and jingoistic (Toby Keith) varieties. (Yes, Toby Keith, the Obama supporter.) Here’s how the Xmas caroling will go:
- “Another Christmas Song” – Stephen Colbert
- “Have I Got A Present For You” – Toby Keith
- “Little Dealer Boy” – Stephen Colbert and Willie Nelson
- “Hannukah” – Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart
- “Nutmeg” – Stephen Colbert and John Legend
- “Please Be Patient” – Feist
- “There Are Much Worse Things to Believe In” – Stephen Colbert and Elvis Costello
- “(What’s So Funny ’bout) Peace, Love And Understanding” – Stephen Colbert, Elvis Costello, Feist, Toby Keith, John Legend and Willie Nelson
That’s quite a lineup. And this is quite a photo op.
The pic comes via CC Insider, where you can find a shot of a fairy Feist blowing on Stephen. Obviously the show’s been taped already. It premieres Sunday, November 23 at 10PM EST, and the DVD comes out two days later (with proceeds going to Feeding America). Set your DVRs.