We know these Inside the Rockers things are getting old, but they’re an excuse to talk about bands we like and, in case you haven’t noticed (or read on banner ads), Stereogum thinks Yellow House is going to be one of your favorite albums of the year. You guys dug “Knife” and “On A Neck,” so we’re psyched to be the first to share with you this link to the full album stream!
We’ve been long-time fans of Grizzly’s textured, time-shifting acoustic confections, but they’ve exceeded our highest expectations with the upcoming record. We’ve also been long-time fans of Chris and Dan’s attempts to pose like NME buzz bands.
This fall they’re teaming up with TV On the Radio on the “Tour Of Brooklyn Bands That Just Released Career Defining Albums.” But before they take off on that trek, New Yorkers can catch GB at their first ever Bowery-headlining gig on 9/26. Get your tickets right here. It’s gonna be a party (of heartbreaking, off-kilter folk).
To tide you over ’til then, we present singer/guitarist Ed’s deepest and darkest confessions.
EDWARD DROSTE, GRIZZLY BEAR
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
TUSSIE (GERMAN FOR BITCH)
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
THE TINY SOUND/FEELING YOU GET WHEN YOU PICK OUT THE SYNTHETIC COTTON FROM A BOTTLE OF PAIN KILLERS.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you
arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“I’M REALLY PUMPED THAT YOU ARE FINALLY HERE.”