Here Are Some Afternoon Links!
- Some guys turned a Subaru into a Jurassic Park Subaru. “What the hell did you do to my Subaru?!” their mom said, JK. -Geekologie
- Jack Handey’s first novel is going to come out in July! ARE YOU SERIOUS? You know Jack Handey from his years as a Saturday Night Live writer and from “Shouts and Murmurs,” plus his collections of Deep Thoughts and short comedic pieces, but thus far you’ve never known him for a novel! Which is why I said this one is his first! What a treat! -Splitsider
- The baseball movie 42 did very well at the box office over the past weekend, but do you know what the highest-opening baseball movie of all time was before 42? If so, why? You should learn more important things! -FilmDrunk
- David O. Russell’s next film, the original name of which was American Bullshit, has gotten its new name. Want to guess what it is before you click through? Green Day’s American Idiot, that’s my guess. -NextMovie
- In a new interview with GQ magazine, Robert Downey Jr. hinted at leaving the Iron Man franchise when his contract is up after Iron Man 3. But doesn’t he want to be Iron Man for the rest of his life?!? Noooo, Roberrrrt! -/Film
- Conan O’Brien discussed The Simpsons with four other Simpsons writers in the latest episode of his web series, Serious Jibber Jabber. I haven’t watched it yet, but am looking forward to it! -TeamCoco
- And finally, David Haglund has a short piece up over at Slate about some of the feminist views he finds in the comedy of Louis C.K. -Slate