Here Are Some Afternoon Links!
- This year’s Puppy Bowl will feature Internet superstars Keyboard Cat (or, well, a cat dressed as Keyboard Cat) and Li’l Bub during its halftime show, as well as penguin cheerleaders. Whoever is in charge of the Puppy Bowl really knows what he or she is doing! -EW
- I don’t particularly care either way about the Will Smith “honorary Uncle Phil episode” Twitter hoax, but I do particularly care one way about the “SeinfeldCurrentDay” Twitter response and that way is that I love it. -Vulture
- Conor Oberst auditioned to play Llewyn Davis and somehow did not get the role? -Stereogum
- Robert Downey Jr. apparently wants Mel Gibson to be in the next Avengers movie. If only all of our wants could make Internet news for a day. “Kelly allegedly wants kale to made a kale side dish for dinner but doesn’t want to go to the store.” -FilmDrunk
- The Producers Guild of America released their nominations for the year, which tend to be good indicators of which movies may or may not be nominated for Oscars. But they only nominated Aaron Paul’s Need for Speed in every category? I don’t think that movie even came out yet! -/Film