While the Hunt for the Worst Movie of All Time is only just beginning (Netflix is sending me Battlefield Earth as we speak), what has become painfully (literally) clear is just how many viable candidates there are. Yesterday, I announced the initial entrants in the competition:
- Battlefield Earth
- Baby Geniuses
- Lady In The Water
- The Fountain
- Southland Tales
But due to the influx of suggestions, I’m now adding some additional titles to the starting bracket:
- The Number 23
- I Am Sam
- Johnny Mnemonic
I’m bumping my Netflix account up to 1,000,000 discs at a time, and am going to get through these as best I can. Obviously, they’re going to have to share the workday with updates on Heidi Montag’s pubic hair conditioning regimen, and new episodes of Who Farted Money?. The rules, if you do not yet know them, are simple, constantly being amended, and after the jump. And of course your suggestions in either comment or email form are always appreciated.
TWMOAT Official Rules:
- It cannot be intentionally horrible.
- It must have at least one A- or B-list movie star in it. (no “outsider art.”)
- It cannot be Glitter.
- It has to have had a theatrical release.
- New Rule: Now matter how bad the movie, it cannot be based on a popular superhero.
- New Rule: Gabe is the boss.