Fuck this week. Here are some music videos.
5. Clams Casino – “Ghost In A Kiss” (Feat. Samuel T. Herring) (Dir. Grant Singer)
Future Islands frontman Samuel T. Herring, it turns out, is a triple threat. He can sing, he can dance, and he can act like a sexy, damaged ghost is always lurking in the periphery of his vision.
4. Riz MC – “Englistan” (Dir. Joe Vickers & Ellis Meade)
London is one of the world’s great international cities, and now, after Brexit, we have to face the idea that a lot of people in the UK wish it wasn’t. So it’s nice to have a beautiful cinema-verite celebration of everything worth celebrating about London.
3. Fergie – “M.I.L.F. $” (Dir. Colin Tilley)
The music video is one of the few art forms where shamelessness is a virtue, and you won’t see many videos more shameless than this.
2. Francis And The Lights – “Friends” (Feat. Bon Iver & Kanye West) (Dir. Jake Schreier)
We, as a people, will always remember the moment when Justin Vernon broke out into that doofy synchronized dance. This video isn’t even 24 hours old, and it’s already a generational touchstone.
1. Jamie xx – “Gosh” (Dir. Romain Gavras)
What a masterpiece. What a weird fucking masterpiece.