Inside The Rockers Studio: Midlake, Plus Exclusive “Young Bride” Remix
We’ve got an exclusive new Midlake tune for ya today. The ’70s-lovin’ Texans’ acclaimed Trials Of Van Occupanther gets a domestic release next week.
For this remix of “Young Bride” the band’s enlisted the Cure’s “Roger O’Donnell” and his trusty Moog. Spacey!
My Name Is Earl’s Jason Lee says, “The Trials of Van Occupanther is now one of the most important modern records I own. In an age of overly-used irony and disconnected nonchalance, this record actually means something, and Midlake should be forever hailed for their unique and genuine approach to music. Simply put, Van Occupanther has backbone, and the fact that you don’t feel cheated by it gives one hope that sincerity can still exist within modern alternative music.”
If you dig O’Donnell’s “Bride,” check out this new Casettes Won’t Listen remix too.
While we had the Midlake guys’ attention, we made Eric play our hiii-larious James Lipton game.
Eric Pulido, Midlake
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
CREATIVELY: BOB ROSS; SPIRITUALLY: LOVE; EMOTIONALLY: DISNEY WORLD’S ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
BUTCHER PAPER WRAPPING ANYTHING
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“WE’VE BEEN EXPECTING YOU!”
Head over to our friends at Gorilla Vs Bear for ANOTHER “Young Bride” remix by, apropriately enough, Cassettes Won’t Listen.