Hilton Never Thought Tape Would Be Public
Nov 17, 3:44 PM (ET)
LOS ANGELES (AP) – Paris Hilton says she never thought the sex video she made with her ex-boyfriend ever would become public.
“I feel embarrassed and humiliated, especially because my parents and the people who love me have been hurt,” the socialite and reality TV actress said Monday in a statement to The Associated Press.
“I was in an intimate relationship and never, ever thought that these things would become public.”
The heiress to the Hilton hotel fortune made a homemade video with then-boyfriend Richard Salomon three years ago. Snippets have been sent to various media outlets and have been making the rounds on the Internet.
Salomon contends that the tape was stolen and that copies were made and circulated by an acquaintance without his permission or knowledge.
Last week, Salomon filed a $10 million slander suit against Hilton, her parents and publicist. The suit maintains that Hilton was an “active participant” in making the video but she and her family have waged a “cold, calculated and malicious campaign to portray Salomon as a rapist” to protect her image.
He also filed a $10 million suit against an Internet porn company, claiming that Seattle-based Marvad Corp. distributed footage from the video without obtaining the legal rights.
The company, in turn, filed a breach of contract lawsuit against Salomon’s former roommate for more than $10 million. It alleges that Donald Thrasher of Los Angeles misled the company into believing he owned the rights to the video.