One of the sweetest pairings we heard this summer was Swedish singer/songwriter José González’s turn on Zero 7’s album The Garden. “Futures” especially brought the downtempo electropop duo’s mesmerizing soundscapes down to earth with sweet fingerpicking and CSN&Y-style harmonies. And that’s the tune José and Z7 are playing for their TV debut on Leno tonight. Tivo!
Zero 7 is currently on tour with González as opening act and onstage with them and Sia, so we thought it would be a good time to subject them to the famed Bernard Pivot questionnaire. ‘Cause we don’t speak Swedish.
HENRY BINNS, ZERO 7
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
GOING FOR A NICE LONG WALK
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
THE SOUND OF SIZZLING ONIONS
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
THE KIDS BASHING MY PIANO
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
IF IT ALL GOES TITS UP I’D LOVE TO LEARN TO BE A CARPENTER
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“ALRIGHT MATE, YOU CAN COME IN.”
Check out Zero 7 tunes and tourdates at myspace.com/zero7official.