Someone Still Loves You’s Broom remains one of our favorite releases of this/last year for its perfect blend of Beatles-and-Elliott styled bedsit, lo-fi indie pop. And for the vinyl freaks out there, you can now get this charming album to spin on your turntables, including an acoustic version of “I Am Warm & Powerful.” But the band knows not all of you are audio quality nazis, so here it is for you in all its mpeg glory.
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin – “I Am Warm & Powerful” (Acoustic) (MP3 Link Expired)
As for Philip’s Inside The Rockers responses, we’re with him on both counts of Cobain. (We promise we’re not being sarcastic.)
PHILIP DICKEY, SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOU BORIS YELTSIN
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
STEELERS (SORRY, PITTSBURGH BLOG PEOPLE)
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
COWGIRLS … TH’ OZARK MOUNTAINS … LEAVING HOME AND COMING BACK.
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
I LIKE IT WHEN A DAD YELLS THE WORDS “GD” BECAUSE HE DOESN’T WANT TO SAY GODDAMN IN FRONT OF THE KIDS.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
KURT COBAIN SCREAMING IN THE MIDDLE OF “DRAIN YOU.”
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
KURT COBAIN SCREAMING “PENNYROYAL TEA.”
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
SHORTSTOP FOR THE CINCINNATI REDS.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
SORRY, I KNOW I’M SUPPOSED TO SAY SOMETHING FUNNY, BUT I CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW.