Would you like O’Death? That all depends on how much you’re down for banjos, shirtlessness, (literally) chain-rattling drummers, and freak-show mountain folk. This stuff is coming out of Brooklyn, naturally, and it’s made a believer of most anyone that’s been to an O’Death show. We haven’t seen ‘em since their set at the Spiegeltent a few months back, but the word is that they opened some eyes during CMJ. Here a few tracks from their debut full-length Head Home:
More downloads here. Whatever you think of the MP3s, you should do your best to see the band live; the studio doesn’t yet do justice to their awesome show. If you’re in NYC, you have a chance to check ‘em at Mercury Lounge 12/10 with Phosphorescent. To prepare you for the gig:
Greg was good enough to answer the Bernard Pivot questionnaire we like subjecting rockers to. The questions aren’t particularly probing, but we love trying to reconstruct our participants’ past using their responses. Like here, we’re thinking Greg has played a few weddings in his day. And he didn’t like it.
GREG JAMIE, O’DEATH
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
LOOKING AT THE OCEAN
4. What turns you off?
THE DULL ACHE OF DEPRESSION
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
A CAT GETTING ITS EYES RIPPED OUT WHILE A BANJO IS BEING TUNED
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
THE SOUND OF A RENTED TUXEDO
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
SOME BAND ALREADY TOOK MY ANSWER