We know the Brits out there have had copies of the new Graham record since March, but Americans have just recently had legitimate access to Coxon’s sixth solo effort — and it’s for the law-abiding US folk out there that we premiere this track from Love Travels At Illegal Speeds. Dude does not stop, mining pop hooks from his punk-guitar chugging, laying on some sweet “ooh” and “aah” harmonies the second pass through, and playing everything on the record. And we can’t get over how good his vox sound.
In case you missed it last time, here’s some upbeat, Buzzcock-y goodness from the record:
And for the a revealing glimpse into the mind of the multi-instrumental genius, here are Coxon’s quips in response to the ten most interesting questions ever written. Thanks, Graham; “shagshits” has just become our new favorite swear, too.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
FRESHLY TILLED EARTH
4. What turns you off?
A SHODDY SENSE OF STYLE
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
QUARTER TIPS ON A ROUGH ROAD
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
WORKMEN CHIPPING PAINT OFF RAILINGS
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
TAILOR OR COBBLER
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.”