This week comes official word on Bonnaroo’s official 2008 festival lineup, but this year the pre-announce guessing game is literally just that: In advance of the big reveal, Radio Bonnaroo’s offered up eleven riddles pertaining to the biggest acts (or more likely, those acts most conducive to being hinted at via riddle). Reader Joey T. sent ‘em in, so take a break from Facebook Scrabulous and do something worthwhile for a change (get ‘em right and win bragging points!)…
- “There is more than one Manchester”
- “Memphis isn’t Albany”
- “Clouds taste this way”
- “Some Herrings are red, Jimmy”
- “Hard Substance, Soft Substance”
- “Janis Joplin’s reserves will be preserved”
- “Rumors are just rumors, but twist them sideways, grow your humor hair and they become a more yen reality. No, this is not about Fleetwood Mac”
- “It’s not sour, what is sowed in the earth”
- “Three certain birds, add one”
- “Look to the center of Europe to get the sound, but the band comes from all around.”
- “Here is another clue for you message board people. Open up the church and you will see the steeple. Some of your guesses have been way off but correct for the wrong clues. Now I must cough.”
UPDATE: Joey writes in with one more fresh one, from today…
12. Charlie’s imaginary band will not be playing and don’t believe what he wrote on his hand and the last few things he was not saying.
“Now they are just trying to wear my mind out by mixing up LOST and Bonnaroo,” he says. True! But at least you know for sure DriveSHAFT won’t be there.